We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of visitors to our website. This policy explains our treatment of the collection, protection, disclosure and use of your personal information, which meets the requirements of the UK’s Data Protection Act 1998.
The information which we collect
We may collect, store and use the following types of personal data:
(1) information about your visits to and your use of this website;
(2) information about any transactions which you carry out with us, including information about your purchases from us;
(3) information which you provide in order to register with us and/or subscribe to our e-mail notification.
Information about website visits
We may collect information about your computer and your visits to this website such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views. We may use this information in the administration of this website, to improve the website’s useability, and for marketing purposes.
Use of your personal data
In addition to the purposes explained above, we may use your personal information to improve your browsing experience by personalising the website. We may send you by e-mail information (other than marketing communications) which we may think will be of interest you.
We will not provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing without your express permission.
Disclosure of information
In addition to the disclosure reasonably necessary for the purposes explained above, we may disclose information about you:
(1) to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
(2) in connection with any current or prospective legal proceedings;
(3) in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights or obligations (including the provision of information to assist in the prevention of fraud or reduction of credit risk);
(4) to the purchaser or seller (or prospective purchaser or seller) of any business or asset which we or are contemplating selling or purchasing.
Transfer of information
Security of your personal data
Once you have transmitted your personal information to us, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access to that information. We will store all the information which you provide to us on our secure servers, and all electronic transactions you make will be protected by SSL encryption.
We will take all reasonable precautions to prevent the misuse, loss or alteration of your personal information. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, the transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure, and we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website. Transmission of such information is at your own risk.
Data Protection Act
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to obtain information held about you. Any access request under the Act may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with the information you have requested. You have the right to ask that we do not use your personal data for marketing purposes. If you wish to do this, please do this by email to the contact address below.